Are you a funding guru, experienced in project management and natural salesperson? Have you successfully set up and managed EU co-funded projects? Not afraid of numbers? Do you have experience in finding sponsors and partners from the private sector? Do you want to work in a small, dynamic, international team with a wide-range of responsibilities? If so, you may be our project & EU funding manager. Apply now!
AER is recruiting a Project manager
Set up in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together 200 regions from 35 countries and 15 interregional organisations. AER is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (F) and Brussels (BE) as well as representations in Alba (RO) and Dnipropetrovsk (UA).
We are seeking a project manager to be based in our Brussels office. This person will be responsible for finding project opportunities for AER and our member regions as well as developing our sponsoring and private partnerships.
- Identify EU (or other) projects/tender opportunities: analyse their relevance according to AER’s political priorities, membership needs and internal resources. Design the AER work packages and negotiate the involvement and financial deal with the lead partner (50%)
- Find new companies to join the AER business communities (20%)
- Organise the first edition of the Transatlantic Leadership Initiative, an exchange of US/EU leaders experience (15%)
- Animate the existing AER Business community : design activities which answer the companies’ needs, involve them in AER’s life while respecting the AER ethical charter (15%)
Being a small team all staff members are asked to perform some transversal tasks such as policy monitoring and some secretarial work.
- Proven experience in successful project and tender application;
- Experience in financial project management / implementation;
- Sound knowledge of EU (and other) funding programmes and opportunities;
- Previous relevant experience;
- Existing network and connections in the private sector;
- Proven experience in sponsoring and/or partnership development;
- Self-motivated and a self-starter;
- Strong team spirit and eager to contribute to common objectives;
- Autonomous and independent in task accomplishment;
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Excellent social skills and a strong desire to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and record-keeping;
- Good ICT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) ;
- Perfect English, other language(s) will be an asset.
- Familiarity with the EU and the political debate surrounding it;
- Understanding of the European regional context is an asset
What we offer
An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
Belgian employment contract
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application : Monday 30 November 2015
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Starting date : Monday 11 January 2016