At the Bureau meeting in Brussels, on 5 December 2019, members agreed on the direction of AER for the coming years.
AER’s Political Priorities 2020-2025 were drafted by the appointed Taskforce from the Spring 2019 Bureau Meeting and identified the challenges that AER should address over the next five years.
Among the priorities established in the position paper can be found:
- Ensuring good governance.
- Promoting decentralisation and subsidiarity.
- Respecting and protecting social cohesion and cultural diversity, as well as strengthening intercultural dialogue.
- Advocating for a stronger cohesion policy that ensures an enhances interregional cooperation.
- Reaffirming regional commitment towards reaching the pre-established goals in the Agenda 2030.
- Fostering a society that is based on the promotion and protection of equality.
Read the political priorities in full at the link below: