AER is all year long looking for AER member regions, willing to second a regional officer to work at the AER Strasbourg (F) or Brussels (B) office for a minimum period of 12 months.
The regional seconded officer (SRO) will be employed by his/her administration of origin but work on AER dossiers.
The SRO’s employer will maintain his/her salary and the statutory or contractual link during the whole period of the secondment. The employer will also keep the entire social rights of the SRO, in particular, in the fields of social security and retirement.
The AER remains at all interested regions’ disposal to discuss the details of the arrangements. All open-minded, creative and well-organised candidates who are eager to work in a highly dynamic and multi-national team are welcome to apply for the position.
Benefits for the seconding region & officer
Our experience shows that seconding officers to AER is highly beneficial for the region sending the officer and the officer him/herself. During his/her stay at the AER Secretariat, the officer will improve his/her knowledge about regional policies and best practices from a whole range of regions from wider Europe on many different topics. He/she will also gain first-hand experience in European decision-making and will put to practice/improve his/her lobbying skills.
Moreover, the officer will have a rare opportunity to expand his/her network of pan-European contacts and put his/her networking skills to practice. These new skills will be of great use for the sending region at the return of the officer.
The officer will be working in a multinational environment with a professional team. The job in question is not only highly creative and rewarding, but it will also positively impact the officer’s multitasking and organisational skills.
Description of positions
Thematics and Policies champion
In partnership with the staff member responsible for thematics ans policies, the officer will:
- Help in the settlement of the working programme of the three AER committees
- Draft political positions and working documents
- Lobby on the committee priorities
- Support in the organisation of statutory meetings and priority-linked events
- Monitor European news on the committee issues
- Assist on « regional expertise » work
Press & Communication champion
Help the team in charge of promoting AER visibility: relationship with the media, communication actions.
- Help in managing the website and social networks of the AER
- Assistance in graphics (ex. creation of brochures)
- Writing press releases
- Organisation of public relation events / press relationship
- Monitoring and information
The officer will be able to demonstrate:
- A broad understanding and a personal interest in European issues;
- An understanding of the role of the regions in Europe;
- Knowledge about European policymaking mechanisms and European governance;
- Proven analytical and research skills;
- Proven track records in the organisation and management of events and/or networks;
This position is open for applicants employed by regions members of the AER. The position might require some travel and would be based either in Strasbourg (F) or Brussels (B) – to be decided with the region of origin.
The applicant’s salary as well as all other potential benefits will be paid by his/her regional administration.
Applications must be submitted at the following address: email@example.com.
They will be made of a letter of Support by the nominating region and the candidate’s curriculum vitae; they will be written English. For more questions, please contact Mathieu Mori (tel./fax: +33 6 24 29 19 33).