Member Relations Assistant (Trainee Contract – up to 6 months) – for STUDENTS ONLY
We are looking for a motivated student to join the AER Team at our Brussels Office to support our member relations coordinator. The internship period will be for up to six months, preferably starting February 2020.
Some of your main tasks will include:
- Work closely and support the member relations coordinator
- Keep our CRM (customer relationship management) system and other membership database up to date
- Provide support in updating members about AER’s member activities, projects and campaigns
- Research on European regions’ priorities and needs
- Come up with innovative ways of keeping in touch with our members and growing our impact
This is the place for you if:
- You are interested in gaining experience in a European Association in a hands-on way in Brussels.
- Ability to manage relationships with colleagues and members constructively, diplomatically and with discretion
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take on responsibilities while coordinating your work with the rest of the team.
- You are outgoing, creative and a problem-solver
- Good level of general computer literacy: Google Docs, MS Office, WordPress, Knowledge of CRM would be an asset
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience member relations in a European association
- Be in contact with high ranking politicians, opinion-leaders and European partners
- Learn about regions and related current European political issues
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
Here are some things that make working with us great:
We are a team where everyone —including interns— is respected and treated equally
We are a committed group of professionals, with terrific people on board
We have a meaningful mission; helping people across Europe to work together drives us
We provide a place for personal and professional growth. Working with a diverse group of colleagues and collaborators in an array of different policy areas widens your horizons and gives you the chance to develop valuable skills
We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allow us to work efficiently, keep in close contact, and strengthen our community despite frequent travel and different locations
Before applying, please keep in mind…
An internship contract must be signed by AER, the trainee and a sending University/School/Institute.
You will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 150 during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc.) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and cover letter in English to [email protected] by 12 January, with the subject line “AER Member Relations Assistant”.
Interviews will be taking place on a rolling basis
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Connecting regions – inspiring Europe
Founded in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest independent political network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together regions from 30 countries – from Norway to Turkey and from Russia to Portugal.
AER is present everywhere on the European continent, inside and outside the European Union. It is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (FR) and Brussels (BE) as well as a representation office in Alba (RO)