We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
2018 AER Summer Academy in Maramures
6 August 2018 00:00 - 10 August 2018 00:00
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Deadline for payment and registration: 31 July 2018
The 2018 AER Summer Academy will be held in Maramures, Romania from August 6th-10th, with an optional programme on the 11th. This year’s theme is Cultural Heritage for Regional Attractiveness, which coincides with the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
As a distinctive mark of each region, cultural heritage is a central part of every society. It is visible in architectural, natural, industrial and urban wonders. Experienced in the traditions passed on to each generation, cultural heritage is also a critical component of regional development. Delegates will share experiences about how cultural heritage contributes to the vitality and intrinsic value of their region. Through interactive workshops attendees will explore what cultural heritage means for regional policy makers and how it can contribute to the attractiveness of regions as places for people to work, live, and travel in.
- Virgil Ș. Nițulescu, Ministry of Culture and National Identity (RO)
- Steliana Cojocariu, Ministry of Tourism (RO)
- Ramona Culda, National Board of Employers and SMEs (RO)
- Ion Georgescu, The Paper Mill Association (Moara de hârtie) (RO)
- Bert Ludwig, Director of European Heritage Volunteers
- Anamaria Diaconu, National Institute for Cultural Research and Training (RO)
- Peter Hurley, Founder of Intercultural Traditions Association (Marmures, RO)
- Dan Carpov, Head of Tourism Information Office (Maramures, RO)
- ‘Preserving the old while embracing the new’ (YRN)
- ‘A heritage restored: Maramures heritage projects’ – Mihaela Lite (Maramures, RO)
- ‘A heritage restored: Maramures heritage projects’ – Claudia Breban (Maramures, RO)
- ‘Celebrating the Heritage of Astrid Lindgren’(Jönköping, SE)
- ‘How regions can develop city-marketing tools through street art’ (Brussels Capital Region, BE)
- ‘Communicating the essence of a heritage site’ (Gävleborg, SE)
- ‘Turning cultural heritage into jobs’ (Flevoland, NL)
- ‘New heritage through the Norwegian Youth Festivals of Art’ (Østfold, NO)
- Welcome words by Magnus Berntsson, President of AER
- Welcome words by Gloria Vitaly, President of YRN
- ‘Your Country, Your Tradition’ – Romanian World Heritage (by UNESCO)
- ‘The Carpathian Region as an attractive tourist destination – Maramures Region’ (by Carat)
- Maramures Region – Hyperlapse Video
- Daniel Les, famous potter from Maramures (by Fascinatia Mestesugului)
Just click here to download all the pictures by Maramures County Council !
Follow us on Facebook!
Join the AER 2018 Summer Academy group on Facebook to get the latest
Help us to spread our Facebook event!