We are eager to announce that the European Parliament has granted AER to participate in the European Youth Event 2020 in Strasbourg! (Keep reading to join us in this exciting adventure…)
What is EYE2020?
From 29 to 30 May 2020, the European Youth Event will bring thousands of young people coming from all over Europe to Strasbourg (FR). The event is aimed to make young people active agents of change in the European democratic life rather than passive beneficiaries, by engaging in debates, workshops, hearings and digital activities on a very diversified range of topics. All the activities are co-created with partners, youth organisations and the participants.
The EYE2020 is the perfect opportunity for youth to share their thoughts, concerns, hopes and meet and inspire each other. And on top of that, some participants will also be able to present the most impactful ideas directly to the Members of the European Parliament.
If you want to find out more, take a look at the tentative programme or just visit the webpage of the EYE2020!
What are the selection criteria?
- Be aged between 16 and 30 years old representing a regional or local youth entity.
- Hold EU citizenship and residency. Citizens and residents from candidate countries are also eligible for sponsorship.
- A clear explanation of your motivation and how you plan to employ the soft skills gained and the takeaways.
- Proof of experience in youth work or related-initiatives you have carried out.
- Proof of a mandate or person of reference supporting your application from the organisation/region you stand for.
- young people with disabilities, from rural or remote areas and from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds will be prioritised.
AER and YRN members, particularly those coming from remote areas in Europe, have priority.
And the financial conditions?
The financial contribution is calculated on the basis of the following 2 elements per sponsored participant:
1. An amount depending on the distance calculated as follows: €0.045/km considering the most direct road return journey between the common point of departure of the group (town/city) and Strasbourg. If there is no common point of departure, it will be calculated based on the average travel distance.
2. Thanks to the sponsorship provided by the European Parliament, the selected youth delegates will benefit from free half-board (breakfast & dinner) accommodation in shared rooms from 28-31 May 2020. Lunch is not included and will be at the expense of the participants.
N.b.: Participants from non-EU territories, EEA or neighbourhood countries canNOT be part of the sponsored group.
If you are a young activist aged between 16 and 30 years old representing a regional or local youth entity and meet the aforementioned criteria, you then cannot afford to miss the fantastic opportunity of taking an active part in the EYE2020 in the name of AER!
Only the 20 best candidates will be confirmed to form the AER’s delegation to the EYE2020 following the submission deadline.
For any questions related to AER’s participation to the EYE2020, please do not hesitate to contact Andrés Muñoz at the AER Secretariat:
e: [email protected] / t: +32 (0) 2 400 10 54
Photo credits: @European Parliament