We are looking for a motivated student to join the AER Team at our Strasbourg or Brussels Offices or, if desired, predominantly remotely for four to 4,5 months from early August 2021 until the middle of December 2021.
Working closely with the AER Institutional Relations & Advocacy Officer and Communications & Events Officer, your main tasks will be to:
- Assist in the event and communication management of the AER General Assembly & Conference related to the Sustainable Development Goals, 28-29 October 2021;
- Assist in the event and communication management of AER statutory and partner events in Q4 2021
About the Conference “Agenda 2030: Transforming Regions, Changing the World”
“This conference, jointly organised by AER and the Grand Est region together with partners such as United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), the Global Taskforce, Regions4, and Strasbourg Eurometropole will gather local and regional stakeholders from around the world. It will call upon national and global leaders to strengthen multilevel dialogue in order to facilitate local-global leadership on the 2030 Agenda.
The goal of the conference is to show that regions, alongside cities, play a key role to facilitate the transformation needed to successfully implement and reach the goals of the 2030 agenda.”
You will assist in shaping the SDG Conference, inviting guests and speakers, organising logistics, creating content for the website, structuring communications and ensuring a successful event from A to Z. Following the conference, you will assist with the organisation of other AER statutory and partner events in a similar capacity.
This is the role for you if:
- You want to grow your event and communication management experience in a hands-on way.
- You have knowledge and interest in the Sustainable Development Goals and their implementation at the local level.
- You have strong communications skills, with a strong level of English and French. Other European languages are an asset.
- You are self-motivated, organised and well able to manage your time.
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take on responsibilities while coordinating your work with the rest of the team.
- You are a creative and problem-solving oriented person.
- You are tech-savvy, with a knack for graphic design using tools like Canva, Photoshop and WordPress.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience in event management from A to Z in a European environment
- Liaise with high-ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and be inspired by them.
- Learn about regions and gain a deeper insight into contemporary issues in European politics
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
- Learn the ins-and-outs of implementing a communications campaign for medium and large-scale international events
The internship period will be for up to 4,5 months, preferably starting from 9 August 2021.
Before applying, please keep in mind…
An internship contract must be signed by AER, the intern and a sending University/School/Institute. This institution must be in an EU Member State.
The internship is intended for students who are enrolled in University, who have to complete a compulsory internship and are therefore able to receive a scholarship through Erasmus+ or other programmes. On top, you will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 525 from the AER during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc.) to stay in Strasbourg or Brussels as specified by the French/Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
Please keep in mind that we are following all COVID-19 measures so you may not be working in the office full-time.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and one page cover letter to email@example.com by Wednesday, 14 July with the subject line “AER Events Assistant”.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis until the vacancy has been filled.