Ready to train with the EU projects team of the largest independent network of regions in Europe?
We are looking for motivated interns (STUDENTS ONLY) to join the Project Unit at the AER’s Brussels Office, under the supervision of our European Projects Coordinator. We are currently offering 2 EU Projects Assistant positions:
- EU Projects Assistant – Autumn 2021: The intern will join the AER Project Unit team starting from September 2021 until end of January 2022
- EU Projects Assistant – Spring 2022: The intern will join the AER Project Unit team starting from February/March 2022 until end of August/September 2022.
Your main tasks will be:
- Mapping calls for proposals and collecting information on funding (based on desk research and by attending relevant events/webinars and meetings at the European level).
- Supporting the AER’s projects team in its partner searches and follow-ups with its members.
- Contributing to the implementation of all activities related to ongoing projects, including financial elements.
- Providing input and assistance in drafting documents for new project proposals.
- Writing articles on funding, partner searches.
- Contributing to the communication of ongoing projects through articles and social media.
- Disseminating information about EU-wide projects and funding opportunities on the AER’s social media channels.
- Contributing to the organisation of events and webinars in the context of European projects.
- Perform internal project management tasks such as taking minutes at projects meetings, liaising and networking with regional organisations and project partners.
This is who we are:
- We are a team where everyone—including interns—is respected and treated equally
- We are a committed group of professionals, with terrific people on board
- We have a meaningful mission; helping people across Europe to work together is what drives us
- We provide a place for personal and professional growth. Working with a diverse group of colleagues and collaborators in an array of different policy areas widens your horizons and gives you the chance to develop valuable skills
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allow us to work efficiently, keep in close contact, and strengthen our community despite frequent travel and different locations
This is the place for you if:
- You want to gain concrete experience in the management of European projects
- You want to build your knowledge of the different EU funded programmes (eg. ERASMUS+, AMIF, EU4Health, etc).
- You have strong writing skills and an excellent command of both oral and written English. Knowledge of any other European languages will be considered an asset for your work here.
- You are able to bring new ideas to help amplify our messages
- You have some knowledge about the main communication tools (e.g. social media, WordPress, Canva).
- You are self-motivated and interested in helping people work together to overcome challenges
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take on responsibilities while organising your work with the rest of the team
- You have a knack for multi-tasking and a solution-focused attitude
- You are open-minded and would enjoy working in a multi-cultural, international and fast-paced working environment
The AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience in the field of projects funded by European programmes
- Be in contact with high-ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and get inspired by them
- Learn about regions and build your knowledge of contemporary issues in European politics and interregional cooperation
- Gain experience using different communication tools and web channels
- Work in a dynamic and multicultural environment
- Develop your confidence and capacity to take personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
You will be considered a full member of the team from day one.
Before applying, please keep in mind:
An internship contract must be signed by AER, the intern and a sending University/School/Institute.
The internship is intended for students who have to complete a compulsory internship and are therefore able to receive a scholarship through Erasmus+ or similar programmes. On top, you will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 150 by the AER during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc.) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
Please keep in mind that we are following all COVID-19 measures so you may not be working in the office full-time.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making the AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and 1-page cover letter to [email protected], by August 17 midnight specifying in the subject line “AER European Projects Assistant – [Autumn OR Spring]”.
Interviews are planned to take place on a rolling basis throughout August for both positions (Autumn 2021 and Spring 2022). Please, note that due to a large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.