The Assembly of European Regions is the political organisation of the regions of Europe and a representative of their interests at the European and international levels. Its mission: to defend the interests of the regions in the political process and to develop interregional cooperation. Regions from 35 countries and 15 interregional organisations are members of the AER.
We are looking for an intern to assist us in our Brussels office on the management of our network, which is composed of around 200 regions. Under the supervision of the AER Membership and Institutional Relations’ Coordinator, as an intern you will:
- monitor the political developments in the member regions,
- implement strategy and actions with member regions,
- establish a strategy towards non-member regions,
- support the visits of the President and the SG to the regions (Membership Action Plan),
- collect data and information to draft a guidebook of all member regions,
- assist the organisation of the Regional Innovation Award.
Finally, you will assist the team in general office management tasks.
- persuasive, tenacious and sociable
- meticulous and consistent in executing tasks
- ability to work independently and autonomously
- a sense of organisation, initiative and responsibility
- excellent command of English; other EU languages are a valuable asset
- well-trained IT skills
- good command of digital tools (news alert, social media…)
- experience in using WordPress is preferable
The AER offers you the opportunity to:
- be in contact with high ranking politicians and opinion-leaders
- learn about regionalisation and related current European political issues
- work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- develop personal responsibility and initiative
- gain invaluable experience in a professional environment
The internship period will be between 4 and 6 months, starting in August.
From your arrival onward, you will be considered as full team member.
Financial, administrative and insurance conditions
For all internships within the AER, a contract must be signed by the AER and the intern’s home University/School/Institute. Please note that this is a non-negociable condition.
You will receive a monthly financial compensation for their training period of 150 EUR. Travel and living costs must be met by yourself.
If you are not citizen of an EU country, you must make sure that you fulfil all legal requirements (residence permit, visa etc.) as specified by Belgian law for foreigners. You must also ensure that you are correctly insured during your stay in Brussels.
You are to respect the working hours, organisation and general rules of the AER Team. You will respect the confidentiality of the information brought to your attention during your training period within the AER.
How to apply
Please send us your CV and application letter in English to the email address info(at)aer.eu latest by July 17th, with email subject “AER Membership Intern”. We will contact applicants as soon as we start receiving their applications.
Please note that due to a large number of applications, we can only guarantee that pre-selected candidates will receive an answer.