Interested in managing members for the largest interregional network in Europe?
We are looking for a colleague to help us with the management of the network, accompany our member regions in their AER experience and extend our membership base to new regions. We offer a Belgian full-time employment contract.
This is who we are
Do you want to be our new colleague? Here are the things that are great about this workplace:
- We’re a very small team, so everybody is really important
- We’re also a very great team, with awesome people on board
- The thing we work for is super cool: who could be against helping people across Europe to work together?
- It is a place for personal growth, as you get to work with so many very different people with different backgrounds your horizon widens and you change
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allows us to keep in close contact. despite frequent travels and different locations – and, it helps us for community building.
To put it simple: we’re the coolest network in Europe.
If this is you…
We need someone who is open-minded, respectful and responsive – in other words, communicative. In this position, you will be expected to keep yourself up to date and well informed and to use your insights in a proactive manner, delivering results in a smart, politically sensitive way.
Our new colleague should speak and write fluently in English, have a University degree in a relevant area (International Relations, Politics, Public Affairs, Communications etc), have a work experience in a European/international environment, be interested in the regional dimension in Europe, ready to travel across the continent and have a good working knowledge of all modern channels of communication (Office suite, Mailchimp, WordPress, Slack, social networks…). Creative ideas and a good understanding of online community building would definitely be an asset.
As you may gather from this, “dynamic”, “energetic” and “inspiring” are key words when we look for a new team member. And, it doesn’t hurt if you’re cool and fun to be with.
Your professional profile should fit the responsibilities below.
Managing the AER network
As Member Relations Coordinator in our Brussels office, you will assist our team on managing the network of member regions and partners, handle their requests, provide them with the relevant flow of information and cooperation proposals, satisfy their needs, go the extra mile to ensure they have a great membership experience and extend the boundaries of the network to welcome new members and partners.
Some examples of this:
- Be the main point of contact for the regions, and provide assistance to meet their needs
- Build and maintain close relations with each of the Single Points of Contact (SPoC), and keep them up-to-date
- Inform and engage members about the latest AER activities, campaigns, projects…
- Strive to help each region find satisfaction in their membership experience
- Increase knowledge about each individual region and understand their expectations
- Propose new activities and reinforce the relevance of AER towards its members and partners
In short: manage relations with the AER members and partners, create new links across Europe, step up the experience of our members.
If you like the idea and wish to be part of an international and motivated team with interesting and challenging field of activities, do not hesitate and apply now!
Please send a short cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “AER Member Relations Coordinator“ as subject line.
Deadline for application: 18 November 2018.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Connecting regions – inspiring Europe
Set up in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest independent network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together regions from 35 countries – from Norway to Turkey and from Russia to Portugal.
AER is present everywhere on the European continent, inside and outside the European Union. It is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (FR) and Brussels (BE) as well as representations in Alba (RO) and Dnipropetrovsk (UA).