Ready to train with the EU projects team for the largest independent network of regions in Europe?
We are looking for an intern to join the Project Unit at our Brussels Office, supervised by the European Projects & Private Partnerships coordinator.
Your main tasks will be:
- Mapping calls for proposals and collecting information on funding (based on desk research and by attending relevant events as Info Days on funding programmes)
- Writing articles on the results of your mapping as well as on running projects and activities
- Disseminating information about projects and funding opportunities on social media
- Supporting AER’s projects team in its partner searches and follow-ups with its members
- Contributing to the implementation of ongoing projects for all concerning activities and finances
- Providing inputs in terms of drafting documents to join new project proposals
- The intern will also assist the team with general office management tasks.
This is who we are
Here are some things that make working with us great:
- We are a team where everyone—including interns—is respected and treated equally
- We are a committed group of professionals, with terrific people on board
- We have a meaningful mission; helping people across Europe to work together is what drives us
- We provide a place for personal and professional growth. Working with a diverse group of colleagues and collaborators in an array of different policy areas widens your horizons and gives you the chance to develop valuable skills
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allow us to work efficiently, keep in close contact, and strengthen our community despite frequent travel and different locations
This is the place for you if:
- You have any knowledge of or previous experience in European project management and funding.
- You have excellent knowledge of both oral and written English. Knowledge of any other European languages is considered a useful asset for your work here.
- You are self-motivated and interested in helping people work together to tackle challenges.
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take on responsibilities while coordinating your work with the rest of the team.
- You are a creative and problem-solving oriented person.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience in the field of projects funded by European programmes.
- Be in contact with high-ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and get inspired by them.
- Learn about regions and gain a deeper insight into contemporary issues in European politics
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
The internship period will be 6 months, starting at the beginning of March.
You will be considered a full member of the team from Day One.
Before applying, please keep in mind…
An internship contract must be signed by AER, the trainee and a sending University/School/Institute.
You will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 150 during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc.) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and cover letter to Ethan Holaday at his email address email@example.com by 25 January h 12:00 CET., with the subject line “AER European Projects Intern”.
Interviews will take place in early February.