We are looking for an open minded and dedicated project finance manager to deal with European projects as well as search for interesting opportunities to animate our network and offer to our member regions. If you like the idea and you wish to be part of an international and motivated team, do not hesitate and apply now!
EU Project Finance Manager
Set up in 1985, The Assembly of European Regions is the largest network of regions in wider Europe, bringing together 200 regions from 35 countries and 15 interregional organisations. AER is the political voice of its members, as well as a forum for interregional cooperation. AER has offices in Strasbourg (F) and Brussels (BE) as well as representations in Alba (RO) and Dnipropetrovsk (UA).
AER Secretariat – Brussels Office is looking for a Project Finance Manager to assist our team on the drafting and implementation of international and European projects especially with regards to financial and control matters and to contribute to the successful increase and development of the project portfolio.
– search for funding opportunities both for AER and its member regions in close collaboration with the EU project coordinator
– take charge of the drafting of project proposals especially with regards to financial and administrative aspects (e.g. preparation of budget, preparation of administrative documents for the project submission, etc), in close collaboration with the EU project coordinator
– implement and manage the legal, administrative and financial framework of projects (e.g. prepare time sheet, ensure appropriate follow-up of all project-related legal and contractual issues including procurement and management of sub-contracted services, managing and supervising the project budget, etc)
– manage AER project funds, provide cash flow projections and up to date reports of actual cash flow and variances, make the necessary adjustments in order to ensure project completion both in terms of activities and budget
– perform the implementation of project activities according to the time schedule and budget
– preparation and processing of technical and financial project report and secure appropriate records to document project activities
– presentation of financial project matters during internal and external events
– manage relations with European Commission, Lead Partner and project partners
Being a small team all staff members are asked to perform some transversal tasks such as policy monitoring and some secretarial work.
– proven experience in successful EU/international project and tender applications, especially with regards to the financial and administrative aspects (drafting budget, negotiation with the Commission, grant agreement, etc)
– at least 3 years’ experience in financial project management and implementation
– previous experience in the management of complex partnerships
– strong interpersonal skills and management of inter-personal relations in international environment
– problem solving attitude and time management skills
– strong team spirit and eager to contribute to common objectives
– sound knowledge of EU (and other) funding programmes and opportunities
– good ICT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and knowledge of cloud-based team collaboration tools (e.g. slack, idonethis)
– perfect English, other language(s) will be an asset
What we offer
An international environment with interesting and challenging field of activities
Belgian employment contract, half-time (initially 6 months contract with possibility to become permanent)
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: Thursday 13 October 2016
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview
Starting date: as soon as possible