We are looking for our next intern! You will be working as an External Relations and Executive Assistant (Intern Contract – up to 6 months) – for STUDENTS ONLY
We are looking for a motivated student to join the AER Team at our Brussels Office.
You will work 70% with the Member Relations and Communication colleagues and 30% with the Secretary General. Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- contribute to the external relations (communications, member relations…) strategies of AER;
- assist in the development and management of our main communication channel (our website);
- assist in reaching out to AER’s audience via social media and our newsletter;
- support the organisation of events from start to finish;
- support the Secretary General (scheduling and organisation of meetings; prepare reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintain files, records, and correspondence for meetings, etc)
Here are some things that make working with us great:
We are a team where everyone —including interns— is respected and treated equally;
We are a committed group of professionals, with terrific people on board;
We have a meaningful mission; helping people across Europe to work together is what drives us;
We provide a place for personal and professional growth. Working with a diverse group of colleagues and collaborators in an array of different policy areas widens your horizons and gives you the chance to develop valuable skills;
We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allow us to work efficiently, keep in close contact, and strengthen our community despite frequent travel and different locations.
This is the place for you if:
- You want to grow your communications experience in a hands-on way in Brussels and work closely with the Secretary General.
- You have strong writing and editing skills, as well as great spoken English. Knowledge of other European languages is considered a useful asset for your work here.
- You are clued into trends in communications, social media and current affairs.
- You are self-motivated and interested in helping people work together to tackle challenges.
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take on responsibilities while coordinating your work with the rest of the team.
- You are a creative and problem-solving oriented person.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain practical experience in both practical and strategic communication in a European environment
- Be in contact with high-ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and get inspired by them
- Learn about regions and gain a deeper insight into contemporary issues in European politics
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
You will be considered a full member of the team from Day One.
The internship period will be for up to six months, preferably starting February 2021.
Before applying, please keep in mind…
An internship contract must be signed by AER, the intern and a sending University/School/Institute.
The internship is intended for students who have to complete a compulsory internship and are therefore able to receive a scholarship through Erasmus+ or similar programmes. You will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 150 during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc.) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
Please keep in mind that we are following all COVID-19 measures so you may not be working in the office full-time.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 3 January, with the subject line “AER External Relations and Executive Assistant”.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.