If you are reading this, it’s because you are thinking of applying for the Silver Economy Awards! The SEED Consortium is searching for talented candidates like you to showcase innovative solutions addressing the needs of ageing populations and thus contribute to raise awareness on the implications of demographic change.
Do not wait any longer to submit your proposal for the Awards and get outstanding recognition by becoming the European Ambassador of Silver Economy.
The deadline for applications has been extended until the 10th of December!
What makes the Awards so special?
If you think this project is just about an award, then you’re completely wrong. It has major implications for this expanding economic sector as a collector of financial, intellectual and technical resources of the Silver economy:
- The awards are a catalyser of ICT solutions that brings together local and regional authorities, business and service providers, academia and civil society.
- The Awards provide applicants with high visibility and international recognition by enabling them to get in contact with investors and key stakeholders associated with the cross-cutting domain of Silver Economy at the EU level.
- The Awards are the fast-track to the Silver Economy stage: successful applicants will be at the core of the Silver Economy Network!
- The Awards are flexible and tailored: they are designed by professionals from the 3 different categories (public authority, for-profit organisation and non-for-profit organisation) in 7 different domains.
- The Awards are a champion of fairness and transparency due to their innovative assessment approach based on peer-reviewers belonging to each of the 3 categories.
And the benefits?
Simply by taking part, applicants are promoting their innovations:
- All applicants will benefit from online publication on the Silver Economy website after the winners are selected.
- Heightened visibility begins with the evaluation process: all eligible applications are peer-reviewed by members of the Covenant on Demographic Change; the second round is evaluated by SEED members and vice-presidents from the Covenant on Demographic Change; and a high-level jury of experts and key players in the European Silver Economy will select the final winners.
Winners and finalists are invited to showcase their product or service before a High Level Jury at the Awards Ceremony in spring 2018, where they will be celebrated for their achievements. Winning teams will also receive an Award bearer logo and exclusive photographs from the event. This will be a unique opportunity to network & exchange with other innovators and Silver Economy leaders.
The winning solutions will be further promoted by the European Commission and SEED partners in the media, on websites, in newsletters and through other promotional material.
How to apply?
The submission is a simple 5-step online process:
Power to the regions!
As concluded in the SEED Workshop within the EU Open Days of the Committee of the Regions, the action of regions and cities is crucial and some have already developed comprehensive strategies to address demographic ageing while supporting and developing local business demonstrating that the Silver Economy, as a broad political and economic paradigm, holds the promise to benefit older persons themselves as well as the public welfare systems and the private sector.
This 1st edition of the only EU Award on Silver Economy is certainly a great opportunity to place regions under the spot inspiring European policy-makers to follow their example!
Save the dates again! Applications open until the 10th of December!
The winners of this first edition will hold the status of European champions of the Silver Economy for one year.
Photo credits:@SEED: http://silvereconomyawards.eu/2017/home