Istanbul, Istanbul (TR), 1st December 2014
The young regional representatives of the AER Youth Regional Network (YRN) nominated their new Presidium: Mario Žulicek, from Varazdin (HR), has been elected YRN President for the coming year. “I am very happy for my election and look forward to a fruitful cooperation within the YRN Presidium and, of course, with all members of the YRN and AER” he stated. Besides being the President of his local youth council, Mario is member of the regional and national youth council in Croatia.
Mario ŽULIČEK will be seconded by 2 Vice-Presidents, a treasurer and 4 Heads of Committees:
– 1st Vice-President: Aleks Semerciyan (Vienna-A)
– 2nd Vice-President: Svetlana Lanets (Kaliningrad-RUS)
– Treasurer: Emmanuel Felix (Bern-CH)
– Head of Committee on Professional Life and Youth Entrepreneurship: Svetlana Lanets (Kaliningrad-RUS)
– Head of Committee on Culture and Education: Dorota Martinec (Zagreb-HR)
– Head of Committee on Health and Social Affairs: Laëtitia Redonet (Limousin-FR)
– Head on Committee on Educational Training and Networking: Lara Kvesic (Zagreb-HR)
On 27-30 November 2014, YRN members met in Istanbul (TR) for their autumn plenary meeting. “Building bridges” was the leitmotif of the work sessions. Participants conducted a lively and fruitful discussion focussing on questions related to youth entrepreneurship, multiethnic societies, equal opportunities in the public space, and youth participation in democratic life.
The YRN is a platform of regional-level youth parliaments, councils and organisations from the wider Europe. Established in November 2008 by 90 participants from 25 countries and more than 50 regions, the platform provides a truly unique forum giving young people from diverse regions a collective voice on the European stage while introducing a European dimension to youth policy in those regions. YRN’s objectives include: networking, influencing policy, exchanging best practice and experience as well as promoting sustainable governance.