We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
Study visit on the energy transition
17 April 2018 - 19 April 2018
On the occasion of the London Committee 1 plenary meeting, members agreed to organise a study visit on the energy transition in Gelderland (NL) to share and learn from each other’s experiences.
The Province of Gelderland invites all AER members to take part in a study-visit to get to know this unique multi-stakeholder collaboration for an energy-neutral Province.
Deadline (30 March)
The main focus of the study visit, which will be organised in cooperation with other interregional networks, will be the bottom-up approach for the energy transition, which was implemented in the region. This multi-stakeholder cooperation was materialised by the Gelders’ Energy agreement (GEA). The shared goal is to make the province energy-neutral by 2050. Local and regional industries, governments and NGOs’ in the province of Gelderland, Netherlands, have pledged for the province to become energy-neutral by 2050. It facilitates a co-creative process where initiatives, actors, and energy are integrated into society.
To this aim local and regional industries, governments and NGOs’ in the province of Gelderland have set ambitious goals for themselves. The energy agreement facilitates a co-creative process where initiatives, actors, and energy are integrated into society.
Good practice sharing:
Participants will share good practice and experience, they will in particular:
- observe GEA’s working process
- meet with GEA’s regional partners
- carry out visits to observe regional results
- participate in a serious game on energy and the diverging interests of stakeholders to exchange about challenges.
Who can participate?
- Regional businesses
- Knowledge institutes
Study visit presentations
Hotels in Arnhem
Transport from Schipol
- The train to Arnhem city is under the hall of the airport shops
- From the airport the train goes every 30 minutes from 06:58 to 20:58. After 20:58 it goes every 30 minutes with a switch to Utrecht
Transport from Düsseldorf
- For transport from Düsseldorf please consult the onlytrain website.