Support information measures relating to the EU cohesion policy continues to be high topic for the European Commission, which launched the 3rd call for projects aimed to co-finance activities in this direction.
This is, in fact, the continuation of a precious work under the umbrella of DG Regio that started in 2017 with the 1st call on the same topic, than relaunched with the 2nd call in 2018 and again in 2019 with the 3rd call.
So far a total of 44 projects have been funded across Europe (19 within the 1st call and 25 within the 2nd call) including the project Together for Cohesion led by AER together with the media agency mc Group and the 6 AER flagship regions Alba (RO), Catalonia (ES), Csongrádm (HU), Trentino (IT), Varazdin (HR), Timis (RO).
Objectives of the 3rd call
With this call the European Commission has the main aim to provide support for the production and dissemination of information and content linked to EU cohesion policy. To this extent, the specific objectives are:
- to promote and foster a better understanding of the role of Cohesion policy in supporting all EU’s regions;
- to increase awareness of projects funded by the EU – through Cohesion policy in particular – and of their impact on people’s lives;
- to disseminate information and encourage an open dialogue on Cohesion policy, its results, its role in delivering on the EU’s political priorities and on its future;
- to encourage civic participation in matters related to Cohesion policy and to foster citizens’ participation to setting priorities for the future of this policy.
Elegible applicants, budget and timeline
Public authorities are among the eligible organisations. Other organisations that can access the call for proposals are other public institutions, such as universities, educational institutions or research centres, or private, as media partners or news agencies. Non-profit organisations are eligible as well. Only eligible organisations from EU member states can take part in a project.
The grant amount for project will be minimum EUR 70.000 and maximum EUR 300.000. The EU grant will take the form of reimbursement of up to 80% of the actual eligible costs of the action. This means that applicants must guarantee the co-financing of the remaining amount (20%) covered by their own resources.
The maximum duration of projects is 12 months.
Deadline for submitting applications is 10/12/2019.
Interested to be involved?
Are you inspired by the activities of Together for Cohesion and by the experience of the 6 AER flagship regions? Would you like it is you this time to be part of a communication campaign that raise the awareness of the benefits of cohesion policy for citizens and stakeholders?
If this is you, get in touch with the AER Project Unit as soon as possible…we are happy to join forces and to continue working on this topic!
Agnese Pantaloni , European Projects Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org