• The future of Europe, the European Constitution, the importance of the distribution of competences between the different levels – European, national, regional and local – and of the recognition of local and regional autonomy,
• Culture as an example of the need to obtain regional competences in this field for protecting diversity in Europe and the AER position on the revision of article 151 of the Treaties (Culture),
• The role of regional media in Europe.
• Preparation for the 2nd Conference of Regional Culture Ministers, particularly the problem of deregulation in the cultural industry and the importance of maintaining specific treatment for the cultural domain in commerce,
• The transfer of European Community fund management know-how to the CEEC.
These are the main themes to be tackled by the Culture, Education and Youth Committee of the Assembly of European Regions (AER) at its meeting in Kielce, on 28th February and 1st March 2002, at the invitation of Marshall Josef Kwiecien, President of the Region of Swietokrzyskie, in the presence of Dr Bruno Hosp*, Committee President and many Polish personalities.
For more information: [email protected]