The third meeting of the new Executive Board took place in Brussels on Wednesday 11 October 2017 during the European Week of Regions and Cities where AER was particularly involved.
Here are some of the EB highlights:
- The meeting was dominated by the discussion on the AER Vice Presidents’ portfolios. The AER Vice Presidents presented the way in which they plan to make their portfolios lively and useful for AER and its members in the next two years. A consolidated version of their goals will soon be made available to all members. In the meantime please (re)-discover our Vice Presidents.
- Events : The EB validated the choice of the Summer Academy Organising Committee to have Maramures host the 2018 Summer Academy on the topic of cultural diversity, a hot topic in the European year of cultural heritage. The Summer Academy will take place the week of the 6th of August 2018.
- The EB also validated the hosting of the Black Sea Summit 2018 in Odessa. The Black Sea Summit will take place in May (dates to follow) and will be co-organised with the German Marshall Fund.
- The EB studied the finances and state of membership in order to present the best consolidated 2018 budget to all members at the next General Assembly.
- The Honorary President gave the new EB members a glimpse of the history of AER.