The “Together for Cohesion” is moving forward. The project is mainly built on a communication campaign on cohesion policy based on a bottom-up approach that aims to reach two main objectives:1) to raise awareness about the importance of programmes, projects, and services funded by the cohesion policy funds in terms of benefits on citizens’ life; and 2) to encourage the participation of citizens and stakeholders on cohesion policy to turn them in active players in the regional and national dialogue on cohesion policy.
In relation to this project, DG REGIO is leading the “INFORM” network – an EU-wide platform of communication experts dealing with communication on Regional Development Funding Programmes and Cohesion Fund investments in the Member States. Its main objectives are:
- To ensure the exchange of information on the results of the communication strategies;
- To exchange experiences and good practices in implementing the information and communication measures;
- To coordinate communication activities between the Member States and the Commission;
- To debate and assess the effectiveness of the information and communication measures;
- To propose recommendations to enhance the outreach and impact of communication activities and to raise awareness about the results and added value of those activities.
Membership to the INFORM network is open to staff working on information and publicity issues in a Managing Authority or Joint Technical Secretariat at national or regional level (European Territorial Co-operation programmes).
AER invites member regions keen on cohesion policy and funds to get in contact with INFORM network and participate to the various communication meetings organised on a national level. INFORM network members would also have the opportunity to partner up with other members and key stakeholders; exchange insights and views on the topic and receive guidance and feedback about better information and communication legislation, focussed on cohesion policy and funds at European level.
Does it sound interesting for you? Interested to become an INFORM network member? Please, express your interest and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact Eduardo Nadal – Projects Manager:
t: +32 2 400 10 12
m: +32 (0) 483 448 430
Rue d’Arlon 63, B-1040 Brussels
Photo credits: European Commission