We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
National Recovery & Resilience Plans – Working Together in Renewed Partnership with Regions
4 March 2021 16:00 - 17:30
Date: 4 March
Time: 16:00 – 17:30 CEST
In response to the impacts and challenges posed by COVID-19, the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council agreed on a Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF). The RRF will offer support for investments and reforms undertaken by Member States to make their economies and societies more sustainable, resilient and better prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the green and digital transitions.
In order to access the funding, Member States will have to produce and submit National Recovery Plans by April 2021.
Local and regional authorities play a vital role in addressing the short and long-term social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis. However, a consultation run by the European Committee of the Regions and Council of European Municipalities and Regions found that the involvement of municipalities, cities and regions in the preparation of the national Recovery and Resilience Plans has been limited and rather unstructured.
Therefore this timely webinar, brought to you in partnership with the Government of Catalonia, will:
- Reflect on the role of regional authorities in shaping and implementing national investment projects and reforms to deliver a fair and sustainable recovery;
- Spur debate on how to more effectively involve local and regional authorities in the design and implementation of National Recovery and Resilience Plans, and;
This panel debate will bring together regional authorities and EU representatives, and we are delighted we can already announce we will be joined by
- Johannes Luebking, Principal Adviser, Recovery and Resilience Task Force, European Commission
- Dragoș Pîslaru, Member of the European Parliament and Co-Rapporteur on the Recovery and Resilience Facility
- Rosa D’Amato, Member of the European Parliament
- Michael Murphy, Chair of the European Committee of the Regions’ Commission for Economic Policy
- Michiel Rijsberman, Member of the European Committee of the Regions, Regional Minister of the Province of Flevoland
- Elisabet Nebreda, Secretary for Foreign Action and the EU, Government of Catalonia
- Albert Castellanos [moderator], AER Vice President for Sustainability, Government of Catalonia