We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
Committees’ Spring Plenary
21 March 2017 - 23 March 2017
LGIU and AER hosted the coming plenaries of the three AER Committees in London (UK), from 21 till 23 March 2017.
Our photo album
- Candidacy for Committee 1 Presidency: Mr Vanraes, Brussels Capital, BE
- Candidacy for Committee 1 Representative for Equal Opportunities: Ms Sıla İlgi Akkaş, Izmir, TR
- Candidacy for Committee 2 Presidency: Mr Mihai Ritivoiu, Timis, RO
- Candidacy for Committee 3 Presidency: Mr Dag Rønning, Hedmark, NO
- Candidacy for Committee 3 Vice Presidency: Ms Aleksandra Djankovic, Vojvodina, RS
- Candidacy for Committee 3 Vice Presidency and/or Representative for Equal Opportunities: Attila Klarik, Covasna, RO
- Election procedures (for the election results, see article below)
- Draft Minutes of the Committee 1 Spring Plenary meeting
- Draft Minutes of the Committee 2 Spring Plenary meeting
- Draft Minutes of the Committee 3 Spring Plenary meeting
Council of Europe Development Bank: a trusted partner for regions
Study visit on the Energy transition: you’re invited!
Social entrepreneurship: partners wanted!
Decisions from the Executive Board in London
World sustainable energy days: Experience sharing & business
AER series on investments: Episode 2
Cultural heritage: from Veneto to Flanders via… Nordland
Youth mental health: pressing needs across Europe
Breakfast Briefing on Urban mobility
What Brexit means for local government – insight from British Member of Parliament
The AER Committees will developed jointly their action plans. To have their initiative included in the AER Action Plan, regions:
1/ Shared their idea at the relevant Committee plenary meeting:
- Committee 1: Business & SMEs, energy, climate change and the circular economy, transports and mobility, cohesion policy post 2020, rural development
- Committee 2: Public health, e-health, health inequalities, inclusion, social and inclusive entrepreneurship
- Committee 3: Youth, youth participation, youth inclusion and empowerment, education, lifelong learning, culture, creative industries, culture for inclusion of migrants, cultural heritage
2/ Explained how they are going to implement their action, present the timeframe and engage other AER regions.
3/ Got support from other regions.
=> Modus Operandi for Action Plans
“Mind the Gap” – Sustainable financing for the regions
The opening conference of the AER Committees’ Spring Plenary looked at sustainable financing.
Both at European and global level, decision makers are faced with mounting political and socio-economic uncertainties. Despite a constant need for investment, public authorities, especially at the regional level, find it increasingly difficult to sustainably finance policies for innovative & resilient communities.
This event looked more specifically at the diversification of funding and financing sources. While innovation in the public sector, cooperation & skills acquisition are some of the well-known elements which support sustainable financing (see AER conference on innovation in the public sector, November 2015), it is also vital for regions to channel new funds for mid-to-long term planning.
Experts and policy makers discussed long-term investing, the Juncker Plan, impact investing in general and green investments in particular. Participants gained new knowledge about funding & financing mechanisms, shared challenges and evaluated opportunities for their regions.