Per AER Statute and Procedures, elections for the Executive Board and the Election Committee and ratification of the members of the Bureau will occur at the General Assembly in St. Pölten (AT) on 31 May-2 June 2017. Elections for Committee Presidents took place at the Committee’s Plenary meeting in London (UK) on 21-23 March 2017.
Established by the AER General Assembly in Västra Götaland 2015, the AER Election Committee will inventory and prepare for the elections at the General Assembly and the Committees by
- Gather nominations from AER members; and
- Nominate one candidate for each position to be elected;
If necessary, the Election Committee may nominate candidates of its own.
Members of the Election Committee 2017
Elected by the Executive Board, the Election Committee 2017 has been:
- Brian Greenslade, Devon (UK) (Chair)
- Mattias Karlsson (Norrbotten (SE)
- Marian Oprisan, Vrancea (RO)
- Katalin Arany, Csongrad (HU).
The Election Committees nomination of candidates
The Election Committee 2017 has discussed the formal requirements associated with the various positions and identified the needed competences.
The Executive Board has added the election of a President Emeritus to the agenda, in the AER Procedures defining the role of this position as follows:
“At the discretion of the Executive Board, the AER President Emeritus is a distinction that can be conferred on the person who served a prior term as President. The President Emeritus serves as an ex officio member of the Executive Board to provide such advice as from time to time is requested by the President or the Executive Board.”
The Executive Board has proposed a change of Statute, changing the number of Vice Presidents from 3 to 3-6. Should the General Assembly adopt the changes, the Election Committee may present up to six nominations for Vice Presidents. Should, however, the General Assembly reject the changes, only three nominations may be presented.
To be able to submit a proposal in accordance with current statute and at the same time be prepared for a changed one, the Election Committee has decided to propose the candidates for Vice President in order of priority.
- Hande Özsan Bozatli, Istanbul (TR)
- Magnus Berntsson, Västra Götaland (SE) [Application]
- Christian Debève, Grand Est (FR) [Application]
3-6 Vice Presidents (in order of priority):
- Lukas Mandl, Lower Austria (AT) [Application]
- Nina Björby, Västerbotten (SE) [Application]
- Albert Castellanos Maduell, Catalonia (ES) [Application]
- Andrew Gibson, Hampshire (UK) [Application]
- Damir Zobenica, Vojvodina (RS) [Application]
- Anna Magyar, Csongrad (HU) [Application]
Other nominee: Malin Olsson, Jönköping (SE) [Application]
President of Committee 1 for Economy & Regional development
- Jean-Luc Vanraes, Brussels-Capital (BE) [Application]
President of Committee 2 for Social policy & Public health
- Mihai Ritivoiu, Timiş (RO) [Application]
President of Committee 3 for Culture, Education & Youth
- Dag Rønning, Hedmark (NO) [Application]
Mr Brian Greenslade, President of the Election Committee, has appointed Mr Kurt-Åke Hammarstedt as the contact person. Therefore, all questions relating to the elections should be addressed to:
+46 70 527 83 50