We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
Webinar “The EU Green Deal: Challenges and opportunities for EU regions in times of COVID-19”
14 September 2020 16:00 - 17:30
Date: 14 September
Time: 16:00-17:15 CEST
Registration: Fill in this form
The AER series on European Green Deal launched in collaboration with the Advisory Council for Sustainable Development of the Catalan Government (CADS) will celebrate its first webinar: The EU Green Deal: Challenges and opportunities for EU regions in times of COVID-19. During this online session, it will be discussed the key role that the European Green Deal and its Just Transition Mechanism will play in regions and the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic will have on its implementation. On this occasion, the panellists will reflect on the relevance of this European growth strategy concerning building more resilience and economic recovery to tackle the consequences that will be confronted by European regions in a post-COVID-19 era.
This panel debate will bring together representatives from the European Commission, regional authorities and think tanks to address these key questions:
- How the COVID-19 pandemic can accelerate the European green transition?
- How the European Green Deal can build more resilience and boost economic recovery from this crisis in European regions?
- How can regions strengthen a green and inclusive recovery?
- Albert Castellanos, Vice President for Sustainability, AER
- Peter Berkowitz, Head of Unit, Smart and Sustainable Growth, Director-General for Regional and Urban Policy,
- Céline Charveriat, Executive Director, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Nicola Campitelli, Minister for Urban Planning and Territory, Maritime Domain, Landscapes, Energy and Waste, Abruzzo Region (IT) / Member of the AER Sustainable Development Taskforce
Moderation by Arnau Queralt, Director of the Advisory Council for Sustainable Development of
Catalonia and chair of the European network of Environment and Sustainable Development
Advisory Councils (EEAC)
For further details and information see the concept note with the programme.