The CUBES project was developed with the scope of creating a bridge between cultural heritage, administrative bodies, and digitalization. Adjacent to raising awareness and emphasizing the importance of culture, one of the project’s main externalities is that of increasing competitiveness and economic growth. Targeted within the actions to be implemented are local communities, public authorities, NGOs and, CSOs.
The project is led by Homo Eminens and supported by 8 partners including the Assembly of European Regions:
- Xwhy / Agency of Understanding – Lithuania – Main Applicant, Strategy and Innovation Advisory team
- Mind Shift Talent Advisory – Portugal – Consultancy for Digital Based Solutions
- Sarajevo Meeting of Cultures – Bosnia and Herzegovina – NGO promoting Cultural Diversity
- Xenios Polis Culture, Science and Action – Greece – Non-profit Education and Research Organisation
- University of Peloponnese – Greece – Department of History, Archeology and Cultural Resources
- Center for Social Innovation – Cyprus – Research and Development organisation promoting social innovation
- NGO Support Center- Cyprus- Non-profit organisation promoting civic engagement
- Gripen Europe – Romania – Digital services for culture, research and education
In line with the priorities set by the EU 2020 Agenda and respectively the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, CUBES aims at empowering all societal sectors in order to own and administer their cultural resources in a sustainable way, thus leading to both cultural democracy and cultural sustainability. This goal derives from the observation that there is an overall underdeveloped understanding of the governance of the cultural dimension. One of the core reasons is a severe lack of “know-how”, preventing a more active and knowledgeable involvement of local community members in the sustainable administration of their heritage and cultural resources.
- By providing local communities in the participating countries with knowledge and awareness on aspects of cultural administration and sustainable development (know-how sharing);
- By providing target groups with necessary knowledge so that they can act as mentors in their communities;
- By giving the chance to the youth and women to lead and take the opportunity to be mentors as well within their respective communities;
- By digitizing the quality of learning content as a driver for systematic change in cultural administration and sustainability and for an increase in the quality of the training;
- By creating and delivering innovative products and training digital tools – a tailored learning resource – based on differentiation methodologies and adult education approaches (e-learning modules).
The official kick-off of the CUBES project took place on the 25th of October 2019 in Lisbon, and the project will reach its end in October 2021. Overall, the project is to be implemented over a period of 24 months.
|Don’t miss the final event which aims at sharing all project’s output and result on 28 of September!!|
Jointly organised by AER’s working group on Culture and CUBES project, the event foresees a panel discussion with high-level speakers, practitioners, and policymakers on Innovation in Cultural Heritage, with a focus on digitalisation, management, and sustainability. The workshop will showcase all of CUBES’ outputs and create great opportunities for participants and stakeholders’ engagement! Registrations will open soon! In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions by writing to: [email protected]
What is AER’s role and how to get involved?
AER contributes alongside all involved partners to the creation of the digital platform and its content, and to the multiplier events organised in the form of workshops and training. By means of this project, AER is determined to represent, involve and bring into the norm the regional perspective. As the sole partner representing a plethora of regions from greater Europe, AER considers every region to be sui generis and its opinion to be unique.
Our regions believe and aim at reaching the targets set by the Sustainable Development Goals. Herein we include the environment, good governance, and innovation. By virtue of its involvement within this project AER aims to support its member regions in achieving and respectively sharing their success stories when pursuing this endeavour.
For more interesting updates, follow the AER website and newsletter or explore theCUBES OFFICIAL WEBSITE
TEST THE ONLINE PLATFORM NOW!
The e-course within the platform is ideal to get you started and improve your skills in sustainable management and administration of cultural resources, and will equip you with all the indispensable knowledge in 4 main critical areas, assessed by peers as the top 4 training priorities lacking in the field, namely:
Project Management, Cultural Competence & Networking, Marketing Cultural Work, Fundraising for Culture
We strive to create an innovative tool that is:
2. Easy to use
5. At your own pace!