The CUBES project was developed with the scope of creating a bridge between cultural heritage, administrative bodies, and digitalization. Adjacent to raising awareness and emphasizing the importance of culture, one of the project’s main externalities is that of increasing competitiveness and economic growth. Targeted within the actions to be implemented are local communities, public authorities, NGOs and CSOs.
The project is led by Homo Eminens and supported by 8 partners including the Assembly of European Regions:
- Xwhy / Agency of Understanding – Lithuania – Main Applicant, Strategy and Innovation Advisory team
- Mind Shift Talent Advisory – Portugal – Consultancy for Digital Based Solutions
- Sarajevo Meeting of Cultures – Bosnia and Herzegovina – NGO promoting Cultural Diversity
- Xenios Polis Culture, Science and Action – Greece – Non-profit Education and Research Organisation
- University of Peloponnese – Greece – Department of History, Archeology and Cultural Resources
- Center for Social Innovation – Cyprus – Research and Development organisation promoting social innovation
- NGO Support Center- Cyprus- Non-profit organisation promoting civic engagement
- Gripen Europe – Romania – Digital services for culture, research and education
In line with the priorities set by the EU 2020 Agenda and respectively the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, CUBES aims at empowering all societal sectors in order to own and administer their cultural resources in a sustainable way, thus leading to both cultural democracy and cultural sustainability. This goal derives from the observation that there is an overall underdeveloped understanding of the governance of the cultural dimension. One of the core reasons is a severe lack of “know-how”, preventing a more active and knowledgeable involvement of local community members in the sustainable administration of their heritage and cultural resources.
- By providing local communities in the participating countries with knowledge and awareness on aspects of cultural administration and sustainable development (know-how sharing)
- By providing target groups with necessary knowledge so that they can act as prospective mentors
- By giving the chance to the youth and women to lead and take the opportunity to be mentors as well within their respective communities
- By digitizing the quality of learning content as a driver for systematic change in cultural administration and sustainability and for an increase in the quality of the training
- By creating and delivering innovative products and training digital tools – a tailored learning resource – based on differentiation methodologies and adult education approaches (e-learning modules)
The official kick-off of the CUBES project took place on the 25th of October 2019 in Lisbon, thus launching the first stage of the implementation process envisioned to last up until April 2020. Overall, the project is to be implemented over a period of 24 months. Set to be delivered as follow up to the first stage is an e-learning platform containing all learning modules.
What is AER’s role and how to get involved?
AER contributes alongside all involved partners to the multiplier events organised in the form of workshops and trainings. By means of this project, AER is determined to represent, involve and bring into the norm the regional perspective. As sole partner representing a plethora of regions from greater Europe, AER considers every region to be sui generis and its opinion to be unique.
Our regions believe and aim at reaching the targets set by the Sustainable Development Goals. Herein we include the environment, good governance and innovation. By virtue of its involvement within this project AER aims to support its member regions in achieving and respectively sharing their success stories when pursuing this endeavour.
AER is committed to offering its support and expertise throughout the whole implementation period and across all envisioned activities.
For more interesting updates, follow the AER website.
Coming soon: The CUBES official webpage!