Do you have experience in a member-based organisation? Do you have work experience in a European/international environment, interested in the European regional dimension, ready to travel across the continent? If this sounds like you, you might be our new Member Relations Coordinator.
We are looking for an experienced colleague who is proactive, diplomatic, collaborative, and organised to help with the management of the network, accompany our member regions in their AER experience and expand our membership base.
You will be working directly with the Secretary General and will be based in Brussels.
You must have the right to live and work in Belgium.
Account Management – 50%
- Acting as the main point of contact for the regions, and provide assistance to meet their needs
- Building and maintaining close relations with each of the Single Points of Contact (SPoC), and keep them up-to-date
- Managing the membership database – keeping it regularly updated
- Informing and engaging members about the latest AER activities, campaigns, projects…
- Striving to help each region find satisfaction in their membership experience
- Increasing knowledge about each individual region and understand their expectations and needs
- Proposing new activities and reinforce the relevance of AER towards its members and partners
- Working closely internally (with projects, programmes, knowledge sharing and advocacy colleagues) to identify needs and services that can be shared to the benefit of members
- Assisting in the organisation of statutory meetings in collaboration with other colleagues
Business Development – 25%
- Developing the membership strategy
- Identifying and setting up meetings with potential new members and partners
- Preparing promotional material and marketing campaigns to attract new members
- Preparing and making sales presentations
- Taking part in events to promote the work of AER
Other – 25%
- Processing and sending of the membership fee invoices
- Contributing to the implementation of EU-funded projects as well as, to some extent, to policy monitoring and analysis in selected areas
- Preparing briefing documents for high-level politicians in the Executive Board
- Moderating and taking part in panel discussions and events
- Being a small team all staff members are asked to perform additional transversal tasks and some secretarial work (e.g. Event Calendar, online user accounts)
In short: manage relations with the AER members and partners, create new links across Europe, step up the experience of our members.
- At minimum 2-4 years of experience in a similar role with at least 3 years of full-time professional experience
- Experience in or with member driven organisations
- University degree (MA or higher; or BA with additional academic qualification) in relevant subjects (e.g. Political Science, European Studies, International Relations, Cultural Studies, Economics, Management, or other courses related to this profile)
- Experience in business development, client relationship management, or marketing
- Experience in establishing multi-year partnership agreements and maintaining continuous relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (with other European languages an added advantage)
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to function in a multicultural environment
- Familiarity with cloud-based computing, collaborative document editing and working in business communication platforms, such as Slack
- Experience with using CRM applications
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter (max. one page) along with your CVin English and one reference to [email protected] with “AER Member Relations Coordinator” as the subject line.
Deadline for application: Sunday 18 July – midnight.
Anticipated interviews (indicative days):
Round 1: 26-30 July
Round 2: 3-6 August
Desired start date: September/October 2021
Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Founded in 1985, the Assembly of European Regions is the political platform of regional governments in wider Europe, with direct membership of public authorities from 30 countries – from Norway to Turkey and from Portugal to Russia. As the largest independent network of its kind, AER promotes the regions as key players in the European project, as well as democracy and good governance. AER has offices in Brussels (BE), Strasbourg (FR), and a Southeast Europe Hub in Alba Iulia (RO).
The Assembly of European Regions (AER) is an equal opportunity employer – our membership is diverse and so is our team. In line with our political priorities, we are an organisation committed to fostering inclusion and embracing diversity, including in our recruitment process. We therefore guarantee equal treatment of all applications regardless of sex or gender identity, ethnic, national or social background, political or religious belief, sexual orientation, age, or disability.Follow AER!