This year’s mutual learning event, a cooperation between AER, Brussels Capital and Catalonia on 4 December 2019, will be on the Economy 4.0.
The Economy 4.0 is a new era of productive, industrial and economic development with deep implications on sectors as diverse as education, culture, health, agriculture, industrial production and work in general. The complexity of the societal challenges arising from this transformation makes it all the more important to use collective intelligence and diverse perspectives to shape the future.
Let’s plan the future together!
The goal of this Economy 4.0 event is to think and shape the future together. Things do not happen by accident, they happen by design. Major societal challenges, therefore, call for the engagement of all stakeholders to think and plan the future.
Stakeholders from the private and public sector, industry specialists, entrepreneurs, academics, creatives, and policymakers will engage in genuine exchange. The idea is to share and discuss initiatives that can be implemented right away. Therefore, this conference will be an interactive event where participants and speakers will meet, talk, discuss and learn together. Participants will:
- Share regional experiences on the development of the Economy 4.0 and how this is impacting areas as diverse as work, education, culture or health
- Hear from different stakeholders what they see as threats and opportunities of the Economy 4.0
- Examine the role of regions: are there new roles emerging?
- Discuss social and economic impacts, needs in terms of policymaking and fields for cooperation
- Learn about funding opportunities for regional stakeholders: from companies, organizations, and regional governments
- Learn about regional examples of economy 4.0: presentations by companies and other stakeholders
Work, innovation, public services or sustainability?
A major asset of this event is to discover projects and initiatives and hear of stories first hand. Participants will choose which topic they would like to focus on and will then join a group of experts sharing their experiences and findings.
Groups will gather in parallel on the 4 following topics:
- The future of work in a brave new world
- Innovation in an era of massive competition
- Creative bureaucracy and public services
- Is a sustainable economy 4.0 possible?
The detailed agenda and link to the registration form are available on the Economy 4.0 event webpage. Due to the size of the venue, the number of seats is limited, Registrations will close on 25 November.
Photo by Alex Knight on UnsplashFollow AER!