Searching for projects targeting youth employment?
If so, you are at the right place for finding your Consortium. The Inter-municipal Development Centre of the Municipalities Grosuplje, Ivančna Gorica and Trebnje (Slovenia) are currently looking for partners to develop an innovative project which will be submitted within the framework of the EEA and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment. You can find all the information about the Call for Proposal in our previous article regarding this funding opportunity.
Why getting involved?
The aim of this initiative is to establish youth career centres in order for youngsters to benefit from life-long career orientation mechanisms and thus enable them to enter the labour market and remain there in the long term. In other words, this international non-profit youth employment agency seeks to assist their target group, including young women and NEETs, in getting their first job for a minimum period of 6 months. Its core purpose is to contribute to building a strong network of beneficiary employers willing to mentor and participate in intergenerational co-operation within this agency.
They are looking for you if…
- You are from a Northern-European country, ideally from Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein.
- You can form local partnerships in your own town by bringing together national or local public institutions as well as NGOs.
These local partnerships will perform the following activities:
- Organizing activities for youth to help them developing crucial competencies as well as facilitating their access to the labour market – via obtaining certificates and licences;
- Performing career centre activities: individual guidance, lectures, workshops for competence-building and networking with employers;
- Cooperating to establish an international youth employment agency – one for the whole partnership;
- Employing local youth in the employment agency and find them work;
- Hosting international youth from the employment agency and find them work.
In addition to this, the expertise partner will perform the following activities:
- Share knowledge and experiences about the topic of youth employment in his own country;
- Presentation of his model-program and consulting how to transfer good practice examples to project partners countries.
How to apply?
In the first phase, a concept note must be submitted electronically for this Call for Proposal open until August 1st (12:00 noon CET). Then, the shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full project application (deadline: November 1st)
Did you get interested and inspired? If so, please do not hesitate to contact the AER Secretariat by July 14th in order to take advantage of this funding opportunity.
Photo credits: @pexels https://static.pexels.com/photos/40815/youth-active-jump-happy-40815.jpeg