The Digital Health Network provides a platform for AER regions to learn from each other on this very current topic. It is open to all regions willing to improve their digital health strategies. Regions will share their experiences, knowledge, and resources that support the effective deployment of digital health solutions within their regional healthcare systems. The Digital Health Network is chaired by Scotland.
Transforming health & care
The digital transformation of health and care requires further action in these areas:
- citizen’s secure access to and sharing of health data across borders;
- better data to advance research, disease prevention and personalised health and care;
- digital tools for citizen empowerment and person-centred care.
Exchange of knowledge & experiences
The exchange of knowledge is crucial to support the implementation and sustainable transformation of digitally enabled health and care services. The Digital Health Network will:
- Provide knowledge exchange opportunities for AER regions working to implement digital health.
- Promote relevant policies to advance the implementation of digital health for all citizens.
- Share good practices in the use of digital health in response to key health and care challenges for regions.
- Recognise the diversity of regions and identify key lessons from their different approaches to digital health.
- Develop our shared understanding of how digital health can support increased citizen participation in and self-management of their own health and wellbeing.
- Identify key events, in which members of the Digital Health Network will participate, to promote and raise awareness of the Network’s activities.
Network Activities for 2020-21
After the success of events such as the breakfast seminar on innovation in healthcare design, and the mutual learning event on ‘Digital Transformation in Healthcare: Regional Perspective for Integrated Care’ at Smart City Expo in 2019, The Digital Health Network is organising a series of new activities for 2020-21
The proposed activities being planned for the Network in 2020 – 2021 are outlined in the roadmap below. These activities will be a blend of online and in-person events and will be planned and coordinated with the full participation and support from AER regions.
Proposed knowledge exchange topics for 2020-21
- Digital health tools in the response to COVID-19: lessons learned from AER regions and plans for the future
- digital health tools to support recovery and rehabilitation: focus on physical rehabilitation
- digital health tools to support recovery: focus on mental health and well being
- Regions experience in citizen participation approaches to deliver sustainable digital health services
- Capacity building to support the implementation of digital health
For more information on the upcoming activities of the AER Digital Health Network and to join the network, visit the Digital Health Network’s webpage