The University of Greenwich (UK) as lead partner, in collaboration with the Royal Borough of Greenwhich and Lille Metropole are developing a project within for the fifth call of INTERREG North West Europe Programme. Activities like exchanges of good practices, especially operational projects including pilot and innovative projects, will be supported within this programme. They plan to design and test an innovative digital platform to foster entrepreneurship and soft skills among inactive young people.
New partners are welcome to join this project!
The project is already at advanced stage and will be applied in the priority axis ‘Innovation’. The actions planned will target excluded population or population at risk of exclusion as well as communities under pressure by delivering societal benefits through innovation. The goal of the project is to bring together partners to develop a shared methodology supporting local economic activity and providing access to essential services such as improving digital skills and promoting entrepreneurship for range of currently disenfranchised groups, concentrating on those between 16-30.
Potential new partners should have the following profile:
- local authorities (especially above 250.000 inhabitants)
- R&D agencies
- non-profit organisations
- private partners, including profit-making partners (e.g. SMEs)
and they should be located in the following countries:
- the Netherlands
- and Switzerland
Activities undertaken by project partners will be:
- to develop a joint research methodology based on design thinking to define a new service,
- to carry out needs assessment through a series of workshops involving various stakeholders and young people who is ‘Not in Education, Employment or Training’ (NEETs),
- to develop the online platform that will then be tested in different locations and improved based on feedback from service users.
This is a great opportunity to join an interesting project led by very experienced organisations, therefore if you wish to express your interest in joining it, please contact AER Secretariat by 17th April.