The Interreg MED 2014-2020 is the transnational European Cooperation Programme for the Mediterranean area, aimed to promote sustainable growth in the Mediterranean area by fostering innovative concepts and practices and a reasonable use of resources and by supporting social integration through an integrated and territorially based cooperation approach.
The second call for project proposals will open on 30th January 2017 at 12:00 (Paris Time) and close on 31 March 2017 at 12:00 (Paris time). The call will be restricted on different levels.
- First, only three types of projects will be allowed:
- “Testing” projects (M2)
- “Capitalising” projects (M3)
- “Integrated” projects: “studying” (M1) + “testing” (M2)+ “capitalising” (M3)
No other types of projects will be allowed. For detailed explanation about the Interreg MED project typology and architecture, please read Chapter 2 of the Programme Manual.
2. Second, applicants will be able to apply for one specific objective only and applications are not open to all specific objectives:
- For “Testing” (M2) and “Capitalising” projects (M3), the following specific objectives are open:
Specific objective 1.1 “To increase transnational activity of innovative clusters and networks of key sectors of the MED area”
Specific objectives 3.1 “To enhance the development of a sustainable and responsible coastal and maritime tourism in the MEd area” and 3.2 “To maintain biodiversity and natural ecosystem through strengthening the management and networking of protected areas”
- For “Integrated” projects, the following specific objectives are open:
Specific objective 1.1 (same as above)
Specific objective 2.3 “To increase capacity to use existing low carbon transport systems and multimodal connections among them”
Specific objective 3.1 and 3.2 (same as above)
Project proposals will have to be submitted electronically using the online monitoring tool, SYNERGIE CTE which will open on 30th January 2017 at 12.00.
The detailed Terms of Reference as well as some specific guidelines for “Integrated” projects will be available at a later stage. However, in the meantime, it is useful to read the following documents: