Following the successful workshop organised within the European Week of Regions and Cities 2016 “EU Regions-Partners for Youth”, Harghita County Council is now leading the drafting of a project proposal in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme – Key Action 2, Strategic Partnerships in the field of Youth.
This project, titled “Youth Caravan”, aims to foster the dialogue between decision-makers and youth experts so that the voices of young people get to the decision makers. The target group that the project aims to reach is therefore composed by students, young people, teachers, teaching and administrative staff, youth workers, policy makers, youth policy experts resident in the countries involved in the project.
The main activities planned are the following:
- international / transnational meetings (“Youth Caravan”) that provide opportunities for young people to have dialogue with decision-makers, to be informed, to debate and to participate actively in terms of the structured dialogue about relevant issues the EU Youth Strategy;
- consultations with youth related to their democratic engagement in partner countries;
- consultations with youth established in partner countries: questionnaires, interviews;
- establishment of a common project platform by project partners, containing useful information for youth, in youth related topics like educational systems, employment, entrepreneurship, social activities, voluntary services, cultural programmes, travelling, etc;
- elaboration of a joint action plan containing proposals for the improvement of youth policies and aimed to be shared with local/regional/ European decision making institutions.
Harghita County Council is now searching partners to complete the consortia, mainly coming from Italy and Spain. AER, together with the AER Youth Regional Network, is a proud partner of this project and we wish to encourage our member regions and partners to join it as well.
If you are interested to join this project and/or to ask more information, please get in touch with AER Secretariat by 18 April at the latest.