R20, AER and The Leonardo di Caprio Foundation launch the “100 Solutions Project Campaign“
Under the mandate of the Leonardo di Caprio Foundation, the R20 is responsible for launching the « 100 Solutions Project campaign ». This campaign aims at valorising regional green projects by giving them visibility on the international stage and by helping regions finance their green projects, either directly or indirectly.
AER is the R20 European partner in this project. Therefore, out of the 100 projects to be identified worldwide, AER has the opportunity of promoting the projects coming from European regions.
The target is ambitious : to identify by the end of August 2016, around 10 energy, waste and energy efficiency projects from AER member regions that require technical and financial support to be developed, and for whose development regional governments are willing to make institutional commitment to support.
Also under mandate from the Leonardo di Caprio Foundation, R20 and AER plan to deploy dedicated project preparation tools to help develop the most promising of the projects and to arrange for their investment. Projects will be showcased at the Climate Week New York in September 2016 and at COP22 in Morocco in November.
Your active participation in the worldwide 100 Solutions Project Campaign will give you the opportunity to figure amongst the most progressive and engaged regional governments globally, to be recognized as such on the international stage, and for the projects that you propose to be considered for development by our not-for-profit project development tools and to have access to funding for their realisation.
What we need from you
To be part of this exciting global challenge, you must:
- Provide institutional commitment to fight climate change and implement the green economy: by committing to R20’s charter to which AER adhere.
- Propose projects: Name promising green energy, waste or energy efficiency projects that require development and that you would like to be considered for support by our not for profit project development facilities.
- Mandate R20 and AER: Grant R20 and AER the official mandate to develop, structure and facilitate the financing of these projects, supported by R20’s partners.
- Provide technical project information: For each of the projects named, provide the technical information required for R20 and AER to consider each project on its merits. Remember, the more accurate the information that you supply, the higher the chance a project has to be selected for development.
We therefore ask you to do three things:
- Sign an official letter using the model provided in this document
- Submit your project proposal using the templates: three topics have been identified as the main strands of the initiative (a) renewable energy, (b) LED in street lighting, (c) waste management. You can submit one or more projects.
- Provide name, email address and telephone number for the official who you nominate as responsible for providing the technical project information, so that we may follow-up directly.
+32 2 400 10 52