We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
EU- Belong | Intercultural Integration: A Shared Journey towards Equality and Belonging
20 March 08:00 - 21 March 19:00
The EU-Belong knowledge sharing event will be hosted by Donegal (Ireland) on 19-21 March 2024, on the occasion of the One Donegal Social Inclusion Week. One Donegal Social Inclusion Week is co-ordinated by Donegal County Council and aims to highlight the very positive work being done, not only by the Council, but also by other statutory and community organisations in attempting to raise awareness of social inclusion related issues in Donegal.
The EU-Belong knowledge sharing event is co-organised by the AER and Donegal County. It will gather international experts, regional politicians and civil servants, professionals and volunteers engaged in creating intercultural societies, to:
- Learn in detail about the policies and practices employed in Donegal for intercultural integration.
- Meet peers working on similar challenges in different regions across Europe
- Engage in mutual learning, get inspired by each other’s experiences and insights, create sounding boards, spaces for reflexivity and continuously improve policies and practices.
- Showcase regional initiatives: Feature speakers from Donegal and EU-Belong regions sharing approaches to building inclusive and intercultural communities.
- Highlight the principles of interculturalism and their translation in real life: Emphasize core principles such as equality, the diversity advantage, meaningful interaction, and active citizenship.
- Discuss key operational elements
For more information, contact Mirjam de Jong ([email protected])
The event is the second EU-BELONG transnational knowledge sharing event aimed at supporting regions in addressing current societal challenges through intercultural and multi-stakeholder policies. EU-Belong is a 3-year project run by the Assembly of European Regions (AER) and 12 partners, and co-funded by the AMIF Programme (AMIF-2020-AG-CALL) of the European Union.