We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
AER Delegation to the Europa Forum Wachau (21-24 June 2023) – Call for participants (closed)
21 June 14:30 - 24 June 14:00
The Assembly of European Regions (AER) is a partner of the Europa Forum Wachau, which will take place from the 21st to the 24th of June 2023, in Göttweig Abbey (Stift Göttweig), Lower Austria.
The Europa Forum Wachau was established in 1995, following Austria’s accession to the European Union. It is a yearly high-level discussion forum, addressing current European challenges in various Salons and Plenary Sessions. The Forum values the input and participation from young European citizens in the different sessions, and includes a Youth Event. The Europa Forum Wachau is a unique opportunity to foster exchanges and intergenerational dialogue between European citizens, and to reinforce the sense of European belonging. The event gathers elected representatives (heads of government, ministers, EU Commissioners…), but also business, cultural and media representatives, as well as (young) European citizens and representatives from the civil society.
As partners of the event, the AER is assembling a delegation of 6 young participants, to take part in all activities of the Forum (including its Youth Event), and represent the AER and its Youth Regional Network (YRN). One of the young participants should be an elected political representative at local or regional level.
Eligibility of the participants
- Participants must travel from France. They don’t need to be French citizens or residents, but they must travel from France;
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Priority will be given to applicants based in one of the AER member regions in France (Grand Est and Corsica);
- Priority will be given to applicants belonging to a youth council or a youth organisation in Grand Est or Corsica, and willing to join the AER’s Youth Regional Network.
- We will also consider applications from other regions, but priority is given to our members.
Practical information & Travel Reimbursement rules
- Arrival day & Welcome event: 21st of June. Transfer by bus from the Vienna Central Station to Stift Göttweig will be organised and covered by the organisers (departure at 14.30 from the station).
- End of the event & Departure day: 24th of June. Transfer by bus from Stift Göttweig to the Vienna Central Station and then to Vienna International Airport will be organised and covered by the organisers (departure at 14.30 from Stift Göttweig, estimated arrival at the airport 16.30).
- Accommodation and meals are covered by the organisers;
- The accommodation will be at the Jugendquartier Stift Göttweig;
- Travel reimbursement up to 275€ per participant after the event, upon presentation of all supportive documents (original boarding passes / train tickets / bus tickets and invoices / receipts). Detailed information will be sent by the AER Group Leader to all selected participants.
- Participants can arrive a day before (20th of June) in Vienna if they wish to visit the city and/or if more convenient with their transport options, but they will have to cover their meals and accommodation themselves for this day / night.
Deadline to apply
Please send your application by filling in this Application Form, no later than 20/04/2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Group leader & Contact person
Please contact Lorène Weber ([email protected]), Programmes Coordinator at the AER Secretariat, for any question you may have.