We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
REGISTER NOW: Unboxing the MFF Session II — Accessing Direct Grant Funding Programmes
24 September 10:30 - 12:30
***UPDATE — LINE-UP ANNOUNCED!***
Date: 24 September 2021
Time: 10:30 – 12:30 CET
Venue: Online (via Zoom)
On 17 December 2020, after months of painstaking inter-institutional negotiations against the backdrop of a global pandemic, the European Union adopted the Multiannual Financial Framework (MFF), its long-term budget for 2021-2027.
Together with the NextGenerationEU recovery instrument, the MFF represents an unprecedented €1.8 trillion of funding to support Europe’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic and the EU’s long-term priorities across different policy areas. It is therefore essential that Europe’s regions get training with these instruments to ensure a robust and sustainable recovery.
That is why as part of the Skillnet Project, the AER has put together 3 information sessions to help regions make the most of the MFF and NextGenerationEU Package. Featuring insights from experts at the European Commission, these webinars will give regions guidance on how to plan initiatives and projects that can benefits from the different funds.
What’s in it for regions?
The second session of the ‘Unboxing the Multiannual Financial Framework’ series will cover some of the main direct grant funding programmes, notably Digital Europe, Creative Europe, Erasmus+, Horizon Europe (Pillar 2) and Life. Participants will get insights on:
- The overall structure and features of the MFF 2021-2027;
- Highlights and updates on the new EU programmes Digital Europe, Creative Europe, Erasmus+, Horizon Europe (Pillar 2) and Life;
- Insights on funding streams within the NextGenerationEU recovery package.
Participants will also have a chance to put their questions to the European Commission directly in our extended Q & A session.
Meet our Speakers!
We are delighted to announce the following experts will join this webinar:
- Erasmus+: Dario Nicolella, Programme Manager at Erasmus+ Coordination Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission
- Creative Europe: Jutta Kastner, Programme Manager at Creative Europe Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission
- Digital Europe: Andreas Geiss, Head of Unit Research Strategy and Programme Planning at DG Communications Networks, Content & Technology, European Commission
- Horizon Europe: Vera Fehnle, Policy Officer at European Semester & Country Intelligence Unit, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission / Clement Evroux, Policy Officer at Common Policy Centre – Common Strategic Planning & Programming Service Unit, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Life: Jean-Claude Merciol, Head of Unit, LIFE Governance, Administration, IT & Support Service Unit, Directorate-General for Environment, European Commission / Pierluca Merola, Policy Assistant, Energy Efficiency Unit, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
How can I take part?
This session will take place via Zoom. As places are limited we encourage you to register now before registrations close. Regions are welcome to invite local stakeholders (SMEs, NGOs, Academia, etc) who would benefit from insights on these new instruments.
This training session is organised as part of the Skillnet Project, which is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Commission. Skillnet aims to strengthen the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system’s role and capacity to design high-quality VET programmes tailored to current societal needs through enhanced transnational and cross-sectoral partnerships. To learn more about funding opportunities within the Skillnet Project, visit our dedicated Partnerships in Focus Hub.