We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
AER Training Academy on financial engineering
21 June 2011 - 22 June 2011
The AER Training Academy on financial engineering took place on 21/22 of June in Brussels. Around 20 participants learned more about financial engineering and were able to exchange experience and network.
At the end of the course participants will:
• Know which tools are available and best suited for the region
• Identify key steps to be taken in order to implement these tools
• Prepare an outline of the next steps to take
• Will be able to provide their respective regions with preliminary advice on these tools
These questions will be addressed during the AER Training Academy on financial engineering:
• What are the main advantages but also main challenges and pitfalls of using those instruments?
• What are the steps required to implement these instruments?
• How to chose the suitable instruments for a region?
Officers and representatives from regions with no or very little financial engineering experience
Technicians and officers from regional and economic development units, or European programme Units in the regions
The AER Training Academy on financial engineering will include:
• Presentations by regional and financial institution experts
• Case studies
• Q/A sessions