We are a network
Multiple times per year, AER brings together regions, so that they may stand stronger together, and grow in a space of best practice exchange.
- This event has passed.
General Assembly & Spring Bureau
22 June 2016 - 24 June 2016
The region of Nordland (NO) and the Chair of its County Council, Sonja Steen, President of the AER Committee on Culture, Youth and Education, welcomed AER members and partners for the annual General Assembly and the Spring Bureau.
On the agenda:
- Debate on “(R)e-inventing Democracy” and how technology hinders/helps democracy
- Keynote discussion on why the arctic dimension matters for all Europeans
- Study visit of the home of the world’s strongest tidal currents
- Networking opportunities with 300 delegates from Europe
- Lots of regional stories to be told
Political declaration adopted by the Bureau
Presentations & documents from the Bureau
|(r)e-inventing democracy – Experiences from Catalonia (ES)|
|E-Government working for Democracy – Experiences from Fribourg (CH)|
|Discover Korça (AL)|
|List of Bureau members|
Video message from Cllr Roy Perry (Hampshire-UK) on UK referendum