After 3 months suspension, the members of the Eurodyssey Steering Committee adopted last Friday by consensus resolution 03/07/2020 to reactivate the programme and to set out the new conditions to adapt the programme to the “new normal”.
The Eurodyssey Steering Committee encourages those member regions where the sanitary situation is stable to resume the publication of offers and host participants under the following new conditions (five “musts”):
- The Eurodyssey regions MUST guarantee, at least, a “blended format” prioritising, where possible, on-site work over teleworking.
- The Eurodyssey regions MUST make sure that host companies or organisations comply with the health measures set by the competent authorities for on-site work.
- The Eurodyssey regions MUST ensure effective linguistic training in any possible format (either online or on-site).
- The Eurodyssey regions MUST specify in every internship offer and in the Vademecum the sanitary situation in the region (please, refer to “website protocol & COVID-19 F.A.Q.” section below).
- The Eurodyssey regions MUST inform the participants about the COVID-19 situation in the destination region BEFORE departure.
During this transition to the “new normal”, the exchanges may NOT follow the principle of reciprocity. Participants can be sent to another region ONLY if they have signed a statement of responsibility before departure for any possible contingency.
N.b.: Internships based on 100% teleworking are NOT accepted, except if the sanitary circumstances roughly change in the region while on internship due to a new wave of COVID-19.
Statement of Responsibility
The Eurodyssey regions are no longer able to assume the administrative and economic burden of dealing with subsequent COVID-19 waves. Participants will be requested to sign a mandatory statement BEFORE departure to exempt the managing regions from any liability:
Website protocol and COVID-19 F.A.Q.
Regions must include relevant and clear information about the sanitary situation in the region both in the Vademecum and in every internship offer publicly advertised on the website:
1. Please, click HERE to download the website protocol instructions.
2. A number of guiding COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.) have been issued to help regions draft relevant COVID-19 guidance. The document is available HERE in three different languages.
What regions are in for hosting in 2021?
The programme is being reactivated gradually but NOT all the member regions are fully operative.
Check regularly on eurodyssee.eu the internship offers available!
A second chance for interrupted internships
For the internships that were interrupted by the COVID-19 outbreak, the participants will have a second chance to participate in the programme through two different alternatives:
- As a general rule, the host region and the host organization MUST come to an agreement to resume the interrupted internships for at least 3 months.
- If no agreement is possible, the concerned participant can submit a second application in the same or a different region.
The AER Secretariat must be notified of this procedure AT ALL TIMES in order to make any pertinent technical adjustment on the website or arrange the insurance coverage for the new internship.
N.b.: This type of participant will also be asked to sign the mandatory declaration of responsibility BEFORE departure.
Public health is the priority
Please, always remember that public health is the priority! Please make sure your region informs the Eurodyssey participants at sending or hosting as well as the companies and organisations about the regional and national guidelines for traveling and work in times of COVID-19.