Are you willing to learn and to be part of the team working on EU projects for the largest independent political network of regions in Europe?
We are looking for an intern to join the Project Unit at our Brussels Office, supervised by the European Projects & Private Partnerships coordinator.
Your main tasks will be:
- Mapping calls for proposals and collecting information on funding (both based on desk research and by participating to relevant events as Info Days on funding programmes)
- Writing articles on the results of your mapping as well as on running projects and activities
- Supporting AER’s projects team in its partner searches and follow-ups with its members
- Contributing to the implementation of ongoing projects for all concerning activities and finances
- Providing inputs in terms of drafting documents to join new project proposals
Finally, the intern will assist the team in general office management tasks.
This is who we are
Here are some things that make great working with us:
- We are a team where everybody is treated equally
- We are a very great team, with awesome people on board
- What we do is super cool: who could be against helping people across Europe to work together?
- It is a place for personal growth. As you get to work with so many very different people with different backgrounds your horizon widens and you change
- We use cloud-based team collaboration tools, which allow us to keep in close contact despite frequent travels and different locations. Such tools are also super useful for community building.
This is the best place for you if…
- You have any knowledge or previous experience in European project management and funding.
- You have excellent knowledge of both oral and written English. Knowledge of any other European languages is considered as a useful asset of your work here.
- You are self-motivated and have interest in helping people to work together on tackling challenges.
- You are able to perform tasks autonomously and take responsibilities as well as to coordinate your work with the rest of the team.
- You are a creative and problem-solving oriented person.
AER is happy to offer you the opportunity to:
- Gain a practical experience in the field of projects funded by European programmes.
- Be in contact with high ranking politicians, project officers and partners across Europe and get inspired by them.
- Learn about regions and get a deeper insight into current European political issues
- Work in a dynamic, multinational and multicultural environment
- Develop personal responsibility and initiative
- Gain invaluable experience in an international professional environment
The internship period will be of 6 months, starting at the end of August/beginning of September.
From your arrival onward, you will be considered as full team member.
Before applying, please keep in mind…
A contract for internship must be signed by AER, the trainee and the sending University/School/Institute.
You will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 150 during your internship period. Travel and living costs must be covered by the intern.
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country, you will have to make sure that you meet all the legal requirements (visa, residence permit, etc) to stay in Brussels as specified by the Belgian Law for foreigners. Health insurance must be ensured during your stay.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining us and making AER your next professional experience, please send your CV and cover letter to Marie Daviet at her email address [email protected] by 20 June h 12:00 CET, with email subject “AER European Projects Intern”.
Interviews will take place between end of June/beginning of July.