Are you a numbers guru, with experience in project management? And a good organiser who is happy to reinforce an enthusiastic, small, international team with a wide range of responsibilities? If so, you may be our new EU Finance & Administration Manager. Apply now!
We are looking for a colleague to successfully support our Project Unit in the financial management of EU-funded projects. We want this to be combined with a knack for administrative matters related to project activities. We offer an initial 1-year full-time French employment contract, with a possibility of extension. You must have the right to live and work in France. This position is to be based in Strasbourg.
If you apply via LinkedIn: Please read the information about the required documents in the last part of this job posting.
Are you our next colleague?
We need someone who is responsive, responsible, systematic, and attentive. In this position, you will be expected to constantly refine in a proactive manner our EU projects finances, as well as related recurring workflows of the AER. You will be working in our Project Unit under the guidance of the European Projects Coordinator and the Finance and Administrative Manager of the AER.
- Financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting, outline of contracts, process payments, and monitoring of budgetary performance for specific EU co-funded projects run by the AER, in close collaboration with the European Projects Coordinator and the Project Finance Manager.
- In this context, ensuring a high quality of finance-related workflows within the projects and in relation to our donors, notably the European Commission, as well as compliance with the specific guidelines provided by the European Commission. Being a contact point for the Project Unit and other members of the Secretariat when it comes to the European Commission guidelines for the financial and contractual implementation of projects.
- Preparing monthly timesheets together with colleagues, collecting and archiving projects’ evidence as well as administrative and legal documentation.
- Contributing to financial and administrative aspects of new project applications.
- Organisational support for activities carried out in the realm of the implementation of our European Projects.
- Supporting the Finance and Administrative Manager in compiling project-related data and documents for the AER’s overall budgeting under the guidance of the Treasurer and the Secretary General.
- Administrative support to the Project Unit and its activities.
- Being a small team, all staff members are asked to perform additional transversal tasks and some secretarial work.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in financial management and implementation of European projects, as well as in preparation of financial contributions for project applications.
- Broad experience in workflow management, and administration
- University degree (B.A. or higher) in relevant subjects (e.g., administration, finance, management, European studies, or other courses related to this profile)
- Fluency in both English and French (oral and written)
- Knowledge of EU funding programmes and opportunities
- Beneficial: experience in associations, the public sector, or non-profit work
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Strong team spirit and eager to contribute to common objectives
- Autonomous and independent in task accomplishment
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and record-tracking
- Good ICT skills (Microsoft Office Suite and particularly proficiency with Excel, various online tools e.g., Slack, Google Drive, etc.)
- Readiness to occasionally travel between Strasbourg and Brussels or to AER events
What we offer
- Working for togetherness, solidarity, good governance, and innovation
- Promoting values and sharing best practices across Europe
- A one-year initial full-time contract with possibility of extension
- A salary of around 2.750-2.850 EUR gross/month depending on qualifications and experience, and a 13th salary
- Attractive employee benefits worth 150-200 euros/month and 14 extra holidays next to the legal holiday rights
- Being part of a small team, which means the contribution of every person on the team is important
- Using cloud-based team collaboration tools, which help us for community building
- Opportunities for personal growth and widening your horizon
- Or, in short, being part of the coolest network in wider Europe!
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter (in English, max. one page) along with your CV (in English) to [email protected] with “EU Finance & Administrative Manager” as the subject line. Additionally, we encourage you to include a recommendation letter, a copy of your diploma, or provide details or a work sample of a specific project you have previously worked on.
Deadline for application: 27 November – midnight CET.
Anticipated interviews (indicative days): Anticipated interviews (indicative days): As of 4 December
Desired starting date: as soon as possible, early December 2023
Due to the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Founded in 1985, the Assembly of European Regions is the political platform of regional governments in wider Europe, with direct membership of public authorities from 30 countries – from Norway to Turkey and from Portugal to Georgia. As the largest independent network of its kind, AER promotes the regions as key players in the European project, as well as democracy and good governance. AER has offices in Brussels (BE), Strasbourg (FR), and a Southeast Europe Hub in Alba Iulia (RO).
The Assembly of European Regions (AER) is an equal opportunity employer – our membership is diverse and so is our team. In line with our political priorities, we are an organisation committed to fostering inclusion and embracing diversity, including in our recruitment process. We therefore guarantee equal treatment of all applications regardless of sex or gender identity, ethnic, national, or social background, political or religious belief, sexual orientation, age, or disability.