Committee 3 is addresses cultural, educational and audiovisual policies focusing on the promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity as a richness. It is promoting the modernisation and internationalisation of regional governance and linking the activities of European regions to their counterparts on other continents. It also aims at acting against school drop-out, developing better strategies to promote youth employment through youth mobility, as well as enhancing the participation of young people in society by giving them a platform to exchange with politicians on topics relevant to them in order to further their political involvement in the AER, in their regions and in Europe. Member of Committee 3 have also identified culture and migration, innovative education and financing traditional culture heritage as of high interest.
More key issues
Raising awareness about the link between culture and regional development; Supporting the thematic work in the field of Culture and Health; Developing links between Youth and Culture; Encouraging exchanges of good practice in the fields of Culture Heritage and Cultural Tourism.
Promoting youth employment, youth entrepreneurship, life-long learning, vocational training and mobility; Combatting school drop-out; Advocating young people’s active participation in society; Contributing to the summits on the economic crisis dedicated to citizens and regional politicians.
With unprecedented high unemployment rates among our youth, with all the social difficulties that it entails, the youth of Europe must be at the heart of AER priorities. With dedicated tools such as Youth Regional Network to promote youth participation, the Eurodyssey programme to facilitate youth employment mobility, its work on education to entrepreneurship and youth employment, ER has always been at the forefront of youth policy. The 2013 priorities will continue to reflect AER’s involvement in the future of our children.
- International cooperation
Continue cooperating within Europe with Black sea neighbouring regions as well as regions of the Eastern partnership, but also outside Europe with Southern Mediterranean regions and Asian regions.
Committee 3 activities are defined in the AER Action Plan. The AER action plan was adopted by the General Assembly in June 2016 and runs from Spring 2016 to Spring 2017.
- Collection and presentation of regional good practices in a “Handbook on Culture & Health”
- Organisation of a Workshop on Culture and Health
- Collaborating on school dropouts through EU project “Joint Efforts to Combat Dropout” (JET CD)
- Collaborating with the AER Wroking Group in tackling school dropout
- Advocating young people’s active participation in public life through the Youth Regional Network: chairing of the Bureau and preparation of a workshop at the 2016 Summer Academy
- Supporting Eurodyssey AER Europe-wide youth exchange program
- Preparation of the 2016 summer academy on youth entrepreneurship
Other Committee Initiatives
Committee working groups:
- WG on combating school dropout
- WG on “Culture and its impact on health”
AER political reports:
- Political report on “The involvement of young people in democratic life at regional level” submitted by Lilla Merabet, Regional Councillor, Alsace (F) – 2013
- AER Resolution adopted at the AER Conference “Boosting Interregional Cooperation in the context of the Eastern Partnership” – 2013
- Rio+20 Declaration of Regions – Regions are leading the way in green economy – 2012
- AER position on the European Commission’s Communication and Regulation on “Erasmus for All” – 2012
- AER First Elements on the EC’s Communication and Regulation on ‘Creative Europe’ – 2012
- Declaration on Culture and Health – 2011
- AER position on the European Neighbourhood Policy – 2011
- AER Position on the European Commission’s Green Paper on “Migration & Mobility: challenges and opportunities for EU education systems” – 2009
- AER Position Paper on the European Commission Consultation on multilingualism – 2007
- AER contribution to EFAH Consultation for a “Rainbow Paper” – 2007
- AER position on the Communication from the European Commission “On a European agenda for culture in a globalizing world” – 2007
- The Most Youth-Friendly European Region (MYFER) – 2014
- Do You Speak European? – 2010
- Snapshot: Europe! – 2009