The 3 thematic committees are at the heart of AER’s work on policy development, exchange and inter-regional cooperation. They provide an unbureaucratic space where transfer and learning can take place.
- AER Committee for Economy and Regional Development
- AER Committee for Social Policy and Public Health
- AER Committee for Culture, Education and Youth
- Encouraging the exchange of good practices and experience
- Following-up on EU and national current affairs and providing relevant information to interested stakeholders
- Organising events on specific topics to open a debate and reach a joint position to be then promoted at all relevant levels
- Supporting cooperation projects initiated by regions or other partners
Representing the regions’ interests and common positions at international, European and national level
Way of working
Each Committee decides on its own working structure. They will be largely self-governing and relieved of their governance responsibilities towards the organization as a whole. They assign Rapporteurs, Working Groups and Task Forces to deal with their different topics. Within their budgetary limits they use regional Peer Reviews, find partners for EU Project development and dissemination and use other relevant tools from AER’s Toolkit. The Committees follow closely the work of the Bureau, its topics and results and provide input into political positions.
The Committees implement the AER priorities through the Action Plan. The AER action plan was adopted by the General Assembly in June 2016 and runs from Spring 2016 to Spring 2017.
Our Statute and Procedures on Committees
Responsibilities: Committees; Summer Academy; Thematic coordination; Seconded officers; Good practices
Tel.: +33 6 24 29 19 37
Languages: fr, nl, en, pt