Each Committee President’s region is charged to appoint a seconded officer to act as committee secretariat in liaison with the secretariat and, ideally, at the AER office in Brussels. The same principle applies to the regions taking the presidency of the AER Programmes.
Secretariat and seconded officers
The main role of the AER Secretariat is facilitation, focusing on three areas:
- Communications & Events
- Thematics & Policies
- Projects & Funding
The secretariats’ role is:
- Monitoring of EU activity in AER fields of interest;
- Keeping members informed of EU policy developments, calls for projects etc;
- Disseminating and facilitating;
- Co-organise events and projects in collaboration with the seconded officers.
The seconded officers will:
- Co-organise events and projects in collaboration with the secretariat;
- Manage the content of the meetings;
- Draft speeches and policy contributions.